This post will be dedicated to being a checklist of things that I need to understand and arrange to allow this business venture to get legs. I’m going to miss things, but as I find things I have missed, I will revisit this post and update it so that anyone in the future who comes along and sees this will not have to suffer the same setbacks that I know I will likely end up suffering.
- Find a product / products
- Find a wholesaler
- Negotiate price and Quantities
- Get sample products
- Select a wholesaler based on samples
- Private Labeling (yes or no)?
- Order Product
- Arrange shipping
- Good inspection
- Amazon Labeling including UPC codes
- Bundling / Packing
- Send to Amazon warehouse
- List products for sale
- Arrange for product reviews
- Market, market, market
- Make sales
- Decide if this product is worth continuing – if yes, buy more, if no, move onto a different product.
- Expand into other markets/websites
As I mentioned before, I am sure that I will have missed something, or at the very least, over simplified it. But you know what? I’m going to give this a real go and a big part of that is learning about the process. I’m hardly setting new ground here, many people do this every day.
One thing I haven’t mentioned yet is that I have already listened to a heap of podcasts and read lots of blog posts about selling on Amazon, so hopefully I already know a few things to avoid. I’ve also recently reached out to a couple of successful Amazon sellers to see if they have anything they can teach me, so far I’ve gotten back a tonne of info, but there is nothing quite like doing something yourself.