If you need to borrow money, there are a few options available to you, in the form of secured and unsecured loans. Secured loans are available to borrowers who can provide a collateral as a security for the loan. For example, you could get a loan against your house if you have some equity. The advantage being that since you provide an asset for the bank to get payment if you are unable to come up with the money, you will get a lower interest on the loan. But if you default, the bank has an option to sell your house to reimburse itself.
Unsecured loans are monetary loans that are not secured against the borrower’s assets. These loans are being offered by different institutions, high street banks and private company. One such loan is called a personal loan, and is intended for personal usage , such as money financing a vacation, a house extension, car repair, buying appliances for your house, or anything you like . This loan is pretty easy to obtain because it does not require you to provide a collateral, and unlike a mortgage, you do not have to prove what use you intend for the funds. But before you jump into anything, you have to consider the advantages and disadvantages of these kinds of loans.
- Does not require any collateral
- Easy access, most banks and financial institutions offer it, you can even apply online sometimes.
- Repayments are based on your financial capacity and monthly disposable income.
- The rate is generally lower than taking a cash advance on your credit card
- You will still have to provide solid documentation about your ability to repay the loan.
- Interest rates can be higher than a secured loan.
- Service charges and default penalties are higher than on any other loans.
Loans are designed to help people who need cash quickly, but the bank or financial institution remains a business and has to ensure that lending you money will be a profitable operation. To learn more about the kinds of loan and how to apply for one, click here for personal loans, they offers many solutions that can adapt to your budget and needs.
If you liked this post and want to hear more from me then please consider subscribing.
As always, please leave any comments that you might have below in the comments section. I would love to hear from you.
For more information about this post check here.
If you are interested in guest posting on Monster Piggy Bank, please contact me.