If you are like me, then you are terrible at finding the right gifts for people. Finding the right gift can not only be difficult, but it can become a bit of a nightmare if you are trying to do it while you are on a budget.
For some reason it seems like the only presents that I ever want to buy for people cost insane amounts of money. Unfortunately I don’t have a budget to match the type of gifts that I want to buy, so I have to be a little bit more creative in finding gifts for others.
Ideas on how to save money when giving gifts
I have a couple of simple ideas for those of you who like to give gifts, but find it difficult to come up with the cash needed to buy them.
- See if others are willing to pool money with you to buy an expensive present. I find that most people struggle with finding great gift ideas and so when someone actually has a good idea people generally like being given the opportunity to go in on it with you.
- Look into making your own gifts. Some people are really creative and talented and can make things which can be used as excellent gift ideas.
- Giving your time can be another great idea for those of your who cannot afford to buy a gift. I regularly run short of time and would personally love to find an extra couple of hours.
- Re-gifting is something that many people like doing. I don’t really like this idea as I feel that it is a little disrespectful of the person who bought you the gift, but if it is something that you are never going to use then it may as well be given to someone that may find use for it. Just be careful not to re-gift to the person who gave it to you in the first place.
- Look into using coupons and buy gifts when they are on sale. This can sometimes substantially reduce the cost of gifts and can leave you with far more money to use for other important things in your life. You can find Target, Kohls, and JC Penney, along with any deals and discounts going on, by using Coupon Sherpa.
- Take the person out for a nice meal and pay for their share. For me I really like this idea as I prefer to sit down and spend time with people rather than swapping random gifts that you may or may not enjoy.
OK, so if you still want to buy that really expensive item in the shops then I may be able to help you out by giving you the chance to win $100! Just follow the details in the rafflecopter widget below and you may be lucky enough to win.