It was hot this week, like SUPER hot! 38 degrees Celsius hot to be exact (that’s 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit). Summer has well and truly arrived here in the land down under 🙁 My garden was starting to look a bit withered after the successive days of > 34 degrees heat – I hope the plants make it though…
It was my wife’s last day at work today and she now starts her 1 year off to await Vanilla Bean’s arrival into the world and then look after him in his first year of life. It’s weird thinking that she won’t be around at work for the next year and a bit. I suspect the days at work might end up going just that little bit slower now 🙁
Not much happened in the world of Glen this week. Highlights include:
- Passing the 200K Alexa rank 2 days after my November goal review, I guess I start the march onwards to 100K now… Not sure how long that’s going to take, but I suspect it won’t happen until at least January next year.
- Finishing all the purchasing of baby items
- Getting mum’s Christmas present sorted (I’m pretty sure there will be a Christmas themed post next week)
- Our Prime Minister (Julia Gillard) said on live TV that the world is going to end on December the 21st. She’s lied before though, so I wouldn’t believe her if I was you. But if you are curious, you can view her speech here
Posts This Week
I had 1 posts this week (excluding this one) and 1 guest post.
- Monday I had a goal review for November November Goal Review
- Wednesday I had James guest post for me and he spoke about Using your Mortgage as your Emergency Fund
Welcome to the Pool Room
Time for the pool room!
In case you don’t know what the pool room is, I explain it in this post.
1st Place goes to DC at Young Adult Money with this post – 10 Things I Learned from Working at Pizza Hut This was a great read! Anyone who ever started out in a low paying job, will completely understand exactly where DC is coming from with this post. DC worked at Pizza hut, I worked as a fruit and veggie boy at the local shopping center – we both learned the same things as it turns out.
2nd Place this week goes to Scott Dinsmore at Live Your Legend with his TED talk titled How to Find And Do Work You Love: 3 Dead Simple Steps. This is the first time I have seen anything from Scott and I liked it! He is so passionate about his topic, you will find after watching his video that you will soon be exploring the rest of his website looking for more inspiration – and you won’t be disappointed. The video is about 17 minutes long, but I do highly recommend you watch it.
3rd Place goes to Justin at The Frugal Path with his post titled Co-signing: A Path Best Avoided. I thought this post was well reasoned and contained a heap of good information on a topic that can land a lot of people in trouble. It is really good to understand the pitfalls associated with Co-Signing and so I recommend you check this post out.
Congratulations to this weeks winners – I hope everyone enjoys the posts mentioned above as much as I did.
For next week – If you think you have a top post and you want to make sure I see it, be sure to leave a comment somewhere on my blog and include the link in the Comment Luv section. I make sure I check every blog owners page if they have left a comment on my blog, so that’s a sure fire way to ensure I see your blog post.
I’m being super nerdy this weekend and am catching up with some old friends to play video games on Sunday. What are you getting up to? Whatever it is, I hope you have a great time and don’t spend too long in the stores looking for Christmas presents – Have a great weekend everyone!