Not much to report here this week.
I have been super busy setting up my VPS so I can move this site onto a faster and better equipped server. I recently got told that this site is consuming too many resources, so I have a couple of options:
- Upgrade with my current host
- Move to a new one.
Seeing as I haven’t been all that happy with the performance of this server (I assume it is over crowded), I decided that a move was in order. So far I have been really happy with my new host and I will be moving Monster Piggy Bank within the next week or so.
Setting up a VPS has been an interesting experience as I don’t get to dable in Linux as much as I used to, so I had to relearn many of the commands. But like most things, everything came back to me soon enough 🙂
Earlier this week some of my friends celebrated their 10 year anniversary and to commemorate the occasion they created this really amusing little video. I just wish I was as talented.
That’s about all from me this week. Sorry for the tiny update and have a great Easter break 🙂
Here are some of the search terms that I enjoyed that sent people to my site this week:
- why don’t young people save money – Young people don’t think the same as older people. Have you ever heard of the saying – the ignorance of youth, well i’m pretty sure this fits into that category.
- what is the government doing to stop road rage Australia – Nope, the current government has enough on its hands trying to keep members from leaving.
- i have become commercialised – Haven’t we all…
- how to make more money at work – Start your own business, go get a degree, ask for a raise.
- time to move out when parent stop cooking – Hahahaha.
- why do people care how you spend your money – Because people are nosey like that. Tell them to bugger off.
This Weeks Best Posts
There were 3 posts in particular that resonated with me this week as they discussed going back to work after having a child. the 1st was from Grayson, the 2nd was from Justin and the last from Pauline.
- Big Change Happening Today – Debt Round Up
- A Reader’s Response To: Can we Afford a Baby? – Frugal Path
- Stay at home vs working mum: Factoring all the costs – Reach Financial Independence
Here are the rest of the articles I enjoyed this week.
- My Greatest Childhood Money Lesson – Debt Round Up
- Increase your income instead of waiting for a pay raise – Johnny Moneyseed
- Having Kids: Is It Worth It? – Club Thrifty
- Lessons from Cyprus or when the American Dollar Crashes – The Frugal Farmer
- We Flipped a House!-Part 1, Buying the House & Part 2 – Eyes on the dollar
Be sure to check out all the best posts of 2013 – Top Personal Finance Articles – 2013 Edition
Carnivals and Mentions
I was mentioned in the following carnivals
The following bloggers were kind enough to link to me also:
If I missed you in my round up then please let me know and I will add you next week.