Not much to report here this week.
I have been super busy setting up my VPS so I can move this site onto a faster and better equipped server. I recently got told that this site is consuming too many resources, so I have a couple of options:
- Upgrade with my current host
- Move to a new one.
Seeing as I haven’t been all that happy with the performance of this server (I assume it is over crowded), I decided that a move was in order. So far I have been really happy with my new host and I will be moving Monster Piggy Bank within the next week or so.
Setting up a VPS has been an interesting experience as I don’t get to dable in Linux as much as I used to, so I had to relearn many of the commands. But like most things, everything came back to me soon enough
Earlier this week some of my friends celebrated their 10 year anniversary and to commemorate the occasion they created this really amusing little video. I just wish I was as talented.
That’s about all from me this week. Sorry for the tiny update and have a great Easter break
- why don’t young people save money – Young people don’t think the same as older people. Have you ever heard of the saying – the ignorance of youth, well i’m pretty sure this fits into that category.
- what is the government doing to stop road rage Australia – Nope, the current government has enough on its hands trying to keep members from leaving.
- i have become commercialised – Haven’t we all…
- how to make more money at work – Start your own business, go get a degree, ask for a raise.
- time to move out when parent stop cooking – Hahahaha.
- why do people care how you spend your money – Because people are nosey like that. Tell them to bugger off.
This Weeks Best Posts
There were 3 posts in particular that resonated with me this week as they discussed going back to work after having a child. the 1st was from Grayson, the 2nd was from Justin and the last from Pauline.
- Big Change Happening Today – Debt Round Up
- A Reader’s Response To: Can we Afford a Baby? – Frugal Path
- Stay at home vs working mum: Factoring all the costs – Reach Financial Independence
Here are the rest of the articles I enjoyed this week.
- My Greatest Childhood Money Lesson – Debt Round Up
- Increase your income instead of waiting for a pay raise – Johnny Moneyseed
- Having Kids: Is It Worth It? – Club Thrifty
- Lessons from Cyprus or when the American Dollar Crashes – The Frugal Farmer
- We Flipped a House!-Part 1, Buying the House & Part 2 – Eyes on the dollar
Be sure to check out all the best posts of 2013 – Top Personal Finance Articles – 2013 Edition
Carnivals and Mentions
I was mentioned in the following carnivals
The following bloggers were kind enough to link to me also:
If I missed you in my round up then please let me know and I will add you next week.